iOS Developer Job Description Template
Introducing your company is the first step to finding the ideal candidate for mobile app development. Make the introduction factual, yet exciting. Explain how your company focuses on delivering client value and achieving growth. Provide sufficient information about the organizational climate and work culture in your company. iOS developers have plenty of choices today, therefore, you need to demonstrate growth opportunities in your company.
Explain your compensation, benefits policies and any additional packages. Demonstrate a willingness to negotiate a reasonable salary for the ideal candidate. You need to demonstrate that you offer the best-in-class career development opportunities. The right introduction for your company will convince expert iOS developers that an exciting career beckons them under your roof.
iOS Developer Job Description
We are an exciting, fast-growing company looking for a full-time expert iOS developer. You will develop high-quality new iOS applications. Your job will also involve software maintenance and enhancement. Your role is key to the success of our company. You will be expected to bring iOS development skills, software engineering knowledge, a thorough understanding of new technologies, and other key competencies to the table.
You will work closely with our existing development team, project managers, software architects, business analysts, testing team, and DevOps team. Your work will not only help us to develop high-quality mobile applications on the iOS platform, but will also be expected to add value to our existing iOS applications.
We regularly undertake process improvement initiatives. These initiatives intend to improve our technical environment, technology stack, and software development methodologies, and processes. You will be expected to take an active part in these initiatives. What’s more, you will come up with innovative ideas and implement them to strengthen our company further.
Responsibilities of an iOS Developer
You need an iOS developer to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Working with business analysts to understand business requirements;
- Understanding technical solutions and architectural decisions from software architects;
- Studying the test strategy and “Continuous Integration” (CI)/ “Continuous Delivery” (CD) environment from the testing and DevOps teams;
- Creating technical specifications for new iOS applications by following applicable documentation standards;
- Developing new iOS apps;
- Working with the testing and DevOps teams for the testing and deployment of iOS applications;
- Maintaining existing iOS apps and enhancing them with new features;
- Communicating with the larger project team and relevant project stakeholders for smooth project execution;
- Reporting the progress of iOS development projects;
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives.