If you have ever attempted a software development project then you will have undoubtedly experienced the challenge of finding and managing reliable software and app developers, no matter whether they were frontend or backend engineers.
No one wants to risk all this valuable time and money on a project that is doomed to fail. Therefore, doing lots of research to find the best software development platform from which to source your developers or development teams is the first big step to ensuring a successful project.
There are loads of platforms where you can hire a developer or a development team. Some of the best examples include Toptal, Gun.io, XB Software, and DevTeam.Space. The real challenge lies in learning which platform is best for your project needs.
To make it easier for you, let’s review ValueCoders, one of the platforms for hiring freelancers.
Here is the clickable content of the article:
- What Kind of Developers Do You Need?
- What is ValueCoders?
- The Pros and Cons of ValueCoders
- When to use ValueCoders
- ValueCoders Alternatives
What Kind of Developers Do You Need?
We will begin by outlining the common project requirements when it comes to the main types of software products being developed today. After you have read this section, you will be able to see how ValueCoders fits your needs in terms of the service package that they offer.
- The most simple kind of project, i.e. a set of landing pages, can be handled by a part-time engineer.
- This will be an individual who is focused on small projects and has the relevant experience to complete your project.
- The process generally involves your company purchasing a landing page template and asking them to implement it for you.
- Part of this process will involve them connecting the landing pages to the email forms and your domain name, as well as setting up the server, etc.
- The next level in terms of complexity is creating a software product such as a simple corporate WordPress-based website.
- If you choose to do this then you will need a professional WordPress developer.
- This person will most likely use one of the predesigned templates to create the site before then writing the backend, setting up the server, and completing all the other required steps to launch and support your website.
- For those of you who wish to launch a more complex website, you will need to hire a complete dev team, employ a dev shop, digital agencies, or alternatively onboard individual specialists who you will manage by yourself.
- Such teams, if managed properly, will be able to help you build a custom website.
- A typical approach to create an eCommerce marketplace, for example, would be to use NodeJS for the backend and AngularJS for the front end.
- Your team will use WordPress to create a company blog to enhance your SEO marketing. For this kind of project, you will absolutely need a top professional designer, frontend and backend developers, and a DevOps specialist.
- Even if you have managed this kind of project development before, building a team by yourself is quite risky.
- The next step up is where things get serious. Developing a mobile application is very challenging.
- For this level of complexity, you will need to hire a complete mobile application development team, an experienced designer, and web developers to handle your backend infrastructure and the server environment.
- Should you choose to create mobile apps for both iOS and Android, as well as a website, then this will increase the complexity of the team you require even more.
- The most complex type of everyday project development is creating a Java or .NET-based software solution for an enterprise-level SaaS product.
- This will usually have multiple microservices and complex API integrations. Such a project may also involve some level of data engineering, artificial intelligence integration, or a blockchain-based solution, etc.
- For such a complex project, a team of top-level experts working together as an efficient team is vital. They will need to have all the relevant expertise and experience in fields like cyber-security, high-availability systems, different server architectures, etc.
- Only the top developers working together in well-managed teams succeed in undertaking such complex products successfully.
Naturally, not all projects fit perfectly into the examples above. Yours may not either. These are, however, the main kinds of examples that are designed to serve as guidelines to give you an idea of where your project might fit. Now you understand more about your project, let’s take a look at ValueCoders.
What is ValueCoders?
ValueCoders.com is a software development company based in India. The company’s main focus is on software development and providing offshore developers to its clients.
Hire expert software developers for your next project
This Indian software development company has 13 years of industry experience in outsourcing services worldwide. It is one of the leading software development outsourcing companies in India and claims to combine business domain knowledge and proven development methodologies with 450+ staff and developers.
ValueCoders offer the following software development services:
- Mobile app development using languages such as PHP;
- Web development;
- UI/UX design for web and mobile;
- eCommerce design and development;
- Blockchain application development;
- AR/VR app development.
The company also provides the following additional services:
- Consulting and system integration;
- Application maintenance.
Their clientele includes small, medium, and enterprise-sized businesses. They have worked with clients from the advertising & marketing, automotive, healthcare and medical information, and real estate industries, as well as others.
If you want to hire an offshore development team then they offer teams with experience in Java, React Native, Ruby on Rails, and Python. They claim to have experience in everything from mobile development to creating blockchain solutions.
Now you know what ValueCoders offer, let’s examine their pros and cons. This will help you decide if they are a good choice for your project.
The Pros and Cons of ValueCoders
Many companies have found ValueCoders’ software development expertise and industry experience attractive enough to source engineers from them.
It is worth noting that ValueCoders also claim to use Agile and other project management processes, something which many clients find advantageous.
However, modern software development doesn’t simply depend on software development expertise alone. Project management is a huge part of what it takes to successfully create a top product. Unless the platform you use offers this, you will need to understand these processes so that you can manage the project on your own.
While ValueCoders claim that they have Agile and other project management skills, testimonials on their website and on review sites don’t give much in the way of details about exactly what their processes are and which online project tools they utilize.
Some clients mentioned that managing their projects was easy when using ValueCoders development teams. While that is certainly a good sign, it is important to note that most of these clients were only undertaking relatively straightforward web application projects.
Let’s take a look at the advantages of engaging ValueCoders:
Hire expert software developers for your next project
1,200 top developers
us since 2016
- ValueCoders can provide you with a full development team or individual freelancers. So far as hiring a complete team goes, this saves time as it means that you don’t have to hire developers individually. It also means that they will manage a large part of the development process for you, meaning that you have more time to focus on other areas of the product launch.
- If you are looking to bring in a product at the lowest possible price, then ValueCoders is a good option as it is relatively cheap. They charge less than $25 per hour because most of their developers are from India. If you hire developers from other countries, you will likely spend more.
- The team at ValueCoders is reported to be excellent at communication. This is a vital component of any product development, particularly if you are trusting a company with control over development.
I will now take you through a few potential disadvantages you may face should you use ValueCoders:
- You will find ValueCoders’ individual developers suitable if you have the relevant in-house skills to manage them by yourself. However, if you don’t have the expertise and manpower resources to allocate and manage them, you will have problems.
- The platform’s lack of project managers also renders their claim to have an agile-driven management approach somewhat pointless. While clients will be able to see some data relating to their ongoing project, these tools can be useless if they don’t know the best way to act on problems, etc. Not knowing how to boost the productivity of underperforming developers, for example, makes the data being provided by these tools pointless. ValueCoders’ developers rate their work-life balance 3.5 out of 5.
- According to customer feedback on the GoodFirms review site, a massive 80% of the projects undertaken by ValueCoders are for small-sized businesses. This is a worrying thing for medium to large-sized businesses as it means that the platform will lack experience in developing more complex projects.
- ValueCoders is not based in the US so is not liable to many of the laws here. This could have implications when it comes to intellectual property theft, etc. So be sure to read up on this so you know where you stand legally before engaging their services.
So now we know the pros and cons of ValueCoders, let’s take a look at when it is appropriate to use their services.
When to engage ValueCoders
ValueCoders can provide you with a skilled development team, or alternatively, you can use them to help you find developers. This allows you to scale your team so that you have the resources to undertake the project.
After you have established your requirements, determined your architecture, developed the technical requirements, and built your project plan, you will need to engage a company like ValueCoders to help you build a project development team.
ValueCoders seem most suited to building small-scale software projects and apps for small-sized companies. While they claim to have the skills to create more sophisticated blockchain products, overall they give the impression of being most suited to creating websites and basic apps.
Check out the information below:
After you complete your project, you may decide to continue with your ValueCoders freelancers for a period of post-implementation maintenance to fix any problems or bugs, etc. Alternatively, you may have the resources to support your project with your existing in-house team and thereby end your contract with ValueCoders.
You should now be aware of exactly what kind of service ValueCoders provide and whether their service model is compatible with your specific project requirements.
If you are concerned with the drawbacks that come with hiring developers from ValueCoders, and rightly so, especially for complex software projects, we have an alternative for you to hire a very professional development team with management support.
ValueCoders vs. DevTeam.Space
While ValueCoders offer little-to-no project management support, DevTeam.Space, a California-based software platform, assigns a technical account manager to each client. These managers have a technical background in software development and experience building similar software projects with sufficient business domain knowledge.
Their extensive software product development expertise ensures your software development process is smooth without any roadblocks. Their experience in building similar software helps you adopt the right technical solution and development approach.
Hire expert software developers for your next project
Your dedicated technical account manager not only assigns the best software development professionals you require to develop precisely what you want but also guides you through the AI-powered agile development process. This process has helped DevTeam.Space create maintainable and supportable code, currently running more than 300 software projects around the globe.
Through the DevTeam.Space platform, you can leverage the AI-powered project management tool to easily break down your project cycle into milestones. Each project milestone corresponds to a payment that you assign to software professionals working on your project.
This approach not only gives you more visibility into the duration and progress of your software project but also provides you with managerial assistance in keeping track of rough cost and time estimations, including payments, due dates, etc.
Moreover, the technical account manager for your project comes at no additional cost. So, if you need technical project management support, along with talented team members, well and good, go ahead.
But, if you are a tech-savvy person with experience in developing and managing software development projects, you can skip the technical account manager for your project entirely. Hire developers and get started with your project.
With DevTeam.Space, you can scale your team as your project grows. You can start your project with one developer and add more as your project progresses. You can either outsource your complete software application to our dev teams for development or hire individual dedicated developers per your requirements.
Our developers are skilled, motivated, and ready to take on more challenging software projects. If you want to know more about how we can help you build next-level software products via our expert and vetted dev teams and agile development processes, leave us your project specifications via this quick form. One of our account managers will get in touch to further discuss the details with you.