Do you want to know how to use ChatGPT for travel booking apps? Integrate it into your travel industry app by taking the following steps:
1. Form a team to plan the project to integrate ChatGPT into your travel app
You will integrate ChatGPT into your existing travel app. The developers of ChatGPT are constantly enhancing its capabilities. Not just entering into an open-ended conversation but ChatGPT can offer to your company. You need an experienced team to plan this project though.
A project manager (PM) should lead this team. This team should finalize requirements and define the project scope. The project needs a viable software development approach and a robust technical solution. You also need a sound project plan.
2. Review travel industry apps that use ChatGPT, e.g., the Expedia app
The PM, architect, and BA should review apps that have integrated OpenAI’s ChatGPT to give an enhanced travel experience. An example is the Expedia app. Expedia has already integrated ChatGPT into its website and mobile apps.
The Expedia group uses this artificial intelligence (AI)-powered chatbot for making trip planning faster. It uses ChatGPT to build a trip itinerary quicker. ChatGPT makes it easier to convert suggestions to bookings. Expedia continues to explore how this generative AI solution can help travelers.
Trip.com and Kayak are other travel companies that use this natural language processing tool to make travel planning better. Your team should review these apps and note down how integrating ChatGPT helped.
Hire expert AI developers for your next project
3. Decide whether to integrate ChatGPT into your travel app
Analyze whether you should integrate ChatGPT into your travel app. ChatGPT can do the following for a travel business:
- Analyze vast amounts of data, e.g., hotel comparison, price tracking for flights, etc.;
- Provide recommendations to customers about hotels, restaurants, destinations, etc.;
- Help customers budget their upcoming honeymoon or a perfect trip;
- Reduce time for booking by acting on automatically saved searches, hotel recommendations, etc.;
- Help with implementing AI-based shopping capabilities;
- Assist travel agents by enhancing their virtual assistants;
- Improve customer service by reducing the need for human interaction;
- Help customers and travel agents make data-driven decisions concerning hotels, destinations, travel plans, shopping, itinerary, flights, etc.;
- Help travel agents and travel businesses run automated marketing campaigns;
- Assess customer feedback so that travel companies can improve their trip collaboration tools;
- Automate routine tasks.
Note that ChatGPT has a few limitations. These are as follows:
- It might often be inaccurate;
- ChatGPT requires plenty of computing resources.
4. Write business requirements for integrating ChatGPT into your travel app
The BA needs to lead the effort to write business requirements. This involves gathering functional requirements. Subsequently, BAs analyze and document the requirements.
The following are a few examples of business requirements for using ChatGPT in a travel app:
- Making the planning of the next trip easier with the help of smarter recommendations;
- Giving users an even more intuitive way to search for flights, hotels, etc.;
- Providing recommendations for shopping when users undertake trips;
- Comparison of adventure-oriented destinations around the world;
- Analyzing the feedback from users when they visit vacation destinations based on the app recommendation;
- Making the work of travel agents easier so that they can serve users better in the future.
Your team to define the project scope clearly. For e.g., you might need to integrate ChatGPT into your web and mobile apps.
The architect should document NFRs like scalability, performance, usability, etc. You need the PM to implement a thorough requirements management process.
5. Choose an approach for ChatGPT integration
Broadly, there are 3 approaches for ChatGPT integration. We recommend an approach that allows for maximum customization. We assume that you need plenty of customization to offer all the desired features.
Do the following:
- Conceptualize a new chatbot development project with the features you need.
- Plan for the UI (user interface) design of this chatbot.
- Formulate a chatbot development approach including ChatGPT API integration.
- Plan to integrate the new chatbot into your mobile and web apps.
Note that this is a complex approach. You need skilled developers with experience in developing AI chatbots. They should know enough about ChatGPT and how this new technology solution works.
The other two approaches are simpler. They allow for limited customization, therefore, we don’t recommend them. These approaches are as follows:
Hire expert AI developers for your next project
1,200 top developers
us since 2016
- Integrate the ChatGPT API into your web and mobile app. This is easy. You don’t need developers with knowledge of the core operating system or coding chatbots. Team members should just follow the right prompts and instructions to integrate the API. This approach doesn’t allow for customization.
- Use chatbot development tools like Chatfuel, Landbot, and Tars. These platforms enable you to build chatbots with ChatGPT integration. You need developers, however, it’s easy to build chatbots using these tools. Customization options depend on the platform you use.
6. Plan your project to integrate ChatGPT into travel apps
The PM should plan the ChatGPT integration project now. You should expect a detailed project plan. The project planning exercise should cover a wide range of aspects, e.g.:
- Software development methodologies like agile;
- The technical environment of the project;
- Iterations, schedules, and milestones;
- Risk management;
- Issues management;
- Human resource management;
- Budgeting and cost management;
- Quality management;
- Communications management.
7. Hire software developers for integrating ChatGPT into travel apps
You need to hire competent people for the following roles:
- iOS developers with Swift skills;
- Android developers with Java skills;
- User interface (UI) designers;
- Web developers;
- AI developers with Python skills and a good understanding of ChatGPT;
- DevOps engineers.
Take the following steps:
A. Choose a hiring platform
You need to choose a hiring platform. One might think of hiring freelancers. This might seem like a good idea since freelance platforms enable you to negotiate a low hourly rate. We don’t recommend this approach. A project to integrate ChatGPT into your travel app can be complex.
Freelancers might only work part-time on your project. You might find it hard to manage their work. Freelancers often leave a project mid-way. You will need to find replacement developers in that case. Freelance platforms don’t offer any project management support.
We recommend you hire full-time developers from DevTeam.Space. Our developers are skilled, experienced, and motivated. We offer project management support. Hiring from us is a better idea when you have a complex project at hand.
B. Interview developers
You have posted your job ad and received applications. Interview candidates. You can use our sets of interview questions, e.g.:
- iOS interview questions;
- Android interview questions;
- Java interview questions;
- Swift interview questions;
- SQL interview questions.
- Node.js interview questions;
- Python interview questions.
Ask questions to evaluate the hands-on skills of developers. You should not ask only theoretical questions. Check how candidates approached problems in their past projects. Describe your project and ask how they would meet your requirements.
C. Effectively onboard the new team members
The PM should take steps to onboard the new developers effectively. Describe your project to the new team members. Share the relevant documents like requirements and technical solutions. Explain the requirements to developers.
You need to provide the required access to the new developers. Introduce them to your current team. Describe their roles and responsibilities.
Talk about your project plan. Describe the milestones and explain the project schedule. Elaborate on the work approval process. Set up a communication process with the new team members, furthermore, establish accountability.
Hire expert AI developers for your next project
8. Execute, monitor, and control the ChatGPT integration project
Your software development team should do the following:
- Design the UI of the proposed AI chatbot;
- Modify the user interfaces of the web and mobile apps to integrate the new chatbot;
- Code the new chatbot;
- Develop APIs as needed;
- Integrate the ChatGPT API into the new chatbot;
- Carry out a thorough code review;
- Test your new chatbot;
- Integrate the chatbot into your web and mobile apps;
- Review the code;
- Test your apps and deploy them.
The software architect leads this team to complete these tasks. Expect the PM to monitor the project and take corrective actions when needed.
Submit a Project With Zero Risk
Integrating a generative artificial intelligence tool like ChatGPT into a travel planning app can be complex. You need web and mobile app developers with considerable skills and experience. You also need AI developers with good knowledge of travel tech and ChatGPT.
At DevTeam.Space, we provide developers with relevant expertise. They are experienced and motivated. Our developers are vetted, furthermore, we train them in our AI-powered agile process.
Wondering where to start? Fill out the DevTeam.Space product specification form. One of our experienced account managers will soon reach out to you.
DevTeam.Space developers can integrate ChatGPT into your app for better trip planning and generating personalized recommendations related to an itinerary. Our world-class development processes will help our skilled and experienced developers to deliver your project successfully.
DevTeam.Space developers have reviewed prominent apps that utilize ChatGPT for booking travel. They have extensive knowledge of this large language model-based AI tool. Our developers learned considerably by reviewing travel apps that offer value to travelers with the help of ChatGPT.
DevTeam.Space has developers with extensive experience in AI technology. We have expert web/mobile developers. We offer much more than just developers though. Our laser-like focus on quality ensures that you get supportable and maintainable code from us. You also get complementary support from a dedicated tech account manager.